Advanced 8 Megapixel USB3 Astronomy Colour Camera SV205
8MP USB3 Planetary Camera
This advanced 8 megapixel planetary and lunar camera uses USB3 to achieve high frame rates. It uses the Sony IMX179 Sensor with Exmoor technology for superior detail, noise reduction and control.
We recommend use of SharpCap, downloadable from here
Use SharpCap to take a video of a few hundred to a few thousand frames, then use Registax or AutoStakkert! to stack the best frames and create your masterpiece.
The 1.25" nosepiece is threaded to take standard 1.25" filters
The lunar images shown were taken with this camera using an 8" Newtonian telescope on a tracking mount and a 3X Barlow lens. Captured in SharpCap, stacked in AS!3 and sharpened slightly in Registax.
- Sensor: 1/3.2" SONY IMX179 with Exmoor technology
- Pixel size: 1.4 μm
- Resolution: 8 Mega Pixels 3264 x 2448
- Max FPS: 15fps (3264 x 2448) 30fps (MJPG 1920*1080) (depends on data transfer rate)
- Electronic rolling shutter
- Exposure time 15ms to 1000ms (selectable)
- Video encoding format: MJPG/YUV
- ADC: 10 bit
- Includes built-in UV/IR cut filter
- Interface: USB 3. The camera uses USB 2 if USB3 not available (slower frame rate)
- Weight: 100g
- Cable length 1.8m