Secondary Mirror Heater for 8" Newtonian Telescopes
Secondary Mirror Heater
Have you noticed how the dew and ice seem to settle on your secondary mirror, causeing loss of clarity and a huge reduction in the numbers of stars visible? Now you can kiss the dew and ice goodbye with this simple to fit heater. Everything you need to fit it is in the package, just plug the RCA/phono plug into your favourite 12V dew heater controller (or even directly into 12V) and you'll suffer no more.
"At the end of the night, everything was dripping wet (including the laptop!), but the secondary mirror was perfectly dry!! So in my book, that is a resounding success!" - Steve Oates, astrophotographer
Designed specifically for SkyWatcher 200 and Celestron C8-N telescopes, but may well fit other scopes. Check dimensions or email us for more sizing information.
- Current on 12V continuous: 250mA
- Power on 12V continuous: 3W
- Length: 60mm
- Width: 50mm
- Central suppoert: 35mm
- Cable length 50cm *
Secondary heater PCBA
- 50cm cable
- Thermally conductive double-sided tape to fit PCBA to back of mirror
- Black insulating tape to fix the cable to the support vanes
* An RCA extension cable to reach your dew controller may also be required.