Music Box (Base:Bit) with Blinky Santa
Music Box with "Smart RGB" LED Santa Claus
This cute Santa Claus is designed to simply plug into the Music Box base unit in either of the 2 positions. It contains 10 "Smart RGB" LEDs and has protection in case it gets inserted back to front.
All the LEDs are full RGB and can be individually programmed for any colour at any time. Great for learning how to code simple patterns of light.
The Music Box powers the MicroBit and LEDs from 3xAAA batteries (not included) and includes a mini speaker with powered driver so you can make music using the Music modules in Micro:Bit programming languages.
This kit includes: 1 Music Box (aka Base:Bit) and 1 Santa
Music:Box v1.0 onwards uses an edge connector instead of pillars and screws but is otherwise identical
See our blog for information and coding examples
Try to code these patterns:
- Flashing each pixel with random colours
- Sweep a single colour from bottom to top
- Make the LEDs on his belt and hat flash alternately
- Make Santa walk by changing the colours on his legs
- Have the LEDs in his sack twinkle