Bundle: SkyWatcher Auto Focuser with Focus RFU
Electric Focus Motor and Wireless Handset
This special bundle comprises the SkyWatcher Auto Focuser and the 4tronix Focus RFU controller. The bundle includes:
- Skywatcher Auto focuser kit, including motor, brackets, cable and wired hand controller
- Focus RFU - a wireless replacement for the hand controller with ASCOM driver and Windows application
This package is designed to fit to a standard Skywatcher or other focuser with a single speed knob. The package contains several brackets and connectors to enable fitting to a variety of telescopes.
Fits on Startravel, Evostar and Explorer telescopes. Can be hacked to fit many other models.
Focus Motor Package includes:
Geared DC motor with connector
- Handset providing variable speed focussing in both directions
- Coiled connection cable between handset and motor
- 2 different brackets (short and long)
- Shaft connector - to connector the motor output to the focuser's shaft
- Screws and allen keys to fit
- Instruction sheet
Focus RFU - Remote Control with ASCOM Driver for Focus Motors
This product is designed to directly replace the handset in the Skywatcher Autofocuser kit and is the next step for our Focus RF unit, as this version has:
- USB interface
- Socket for our temperature probe
- ASCOM focuser driver software providing easy inyterface to software such as APT, Backyard EOS/Nikon, etc.
- Software application to configure and control the focuser
- Ability (with optional adaptor) to control stepper motor focusers as well as DC motors
It allows you to focus the telescope remotely from up to 20m away, without any trailing wires that will always wobble the telescope a little while you are trying to focus.
Extremely simple operation with 8 buttons arranged in 4 rows of 2. The top 3 left buttons turn the focus one way and the top 3 right right buttons turn it the other way. The buttons at the top are slowest, down to the fastest ones at the bottom. Buttons 7 and 8 select "Continuous" or "Step mode".
Also consider using our Short Cable instead of the stock Skywatcher autofocus cable
A short customer video of the Focus RF is >HERE<
DC Jack (2.1mm, centre positive) for 12V external PSU (not included)
- Outputs via RJ22 connector
- Reverse polarity protected
- Operating voltage range: 9V to 14V
- Current in standby: 28mA
- Maximum motor drive current: 1A
- Red indicator (slow flash) for power on
- Green indicator for RF activity
- Dimensions: 66 x 66 mm
In the Box:
- Focus RFU
- Remote Control (ready paired with Focus RFU)
- Focus motor and mounting kit
- Cables: DC Jack Splitter and extension, USB A to B
- USB Stick with driver software and Windows application with user guide