4WD Pack for Pi2Go Mk2
4WD Pack for Pi2Go Mk 2
Available week beginning 22nd July 2019. 10% discount for pre-orders
This pack converts your 2WD Pi2Go Mk 2 into a 4WD vehicle.
It comprises 2 extra motors and wheels, together with the necessary fixings to attach to your Pi2Go Mk2.
- You need to remove the front caster board to fit the new motors. This removes the line follower sensors as well
- The new front wheels will sit in front of the 2 infra-red obstacle sensors, so these cannot be used in 4WD mode.
- It is recommended to use the extra power boards (either 7xAA or 2x18650) when using 4WD system
The pack contains:
- 2 pre-wired motors
- 2 wheels
- 2 motor fixings packs
- 4 x 5mm, Male-Female pillars to match height with rear motors (you can do without these pillars and then get a slightly forward-raked effect)
- 4 x 4mm, M3 fixing screws to attach to the main board
Fixing the motors:
- Remove the battery board and Raspberry Pi
- Make up the 2 motors with the fixings pack. Copy step 3 and step 4 from the main assembly instructions here.
- Fit the motors with the wheel shafts extending forwards from the main board
- Tighten up all screws
- Plug in the motor cables to the connectors provided
- Replace the Raspberry Pi and battery board