Bundle: SkyWatcher Auto Focuser with FocusRF
Electric Focus Motor and Wireless Handset
This special bundle comprises the SkyWatcher Auto Focuser and the 4tronix FocusRF controller. Includes:
- Skywatcher Auto focuser kit, including motor, brackets, cable and wired hand controller
- FocusRF - a wireless replacement for the hand controller.
This package is designed to fit to a standard Skywatcher or other focuser with a single speed knob. The package contains several brackets and connectors to enable fitting to a variety of telescopes.
Fits on Startravel, Evostar and Explorer telescopes. Can be hacked to fit many other models.
Geared DC motor with connector
- Handset providing variable speed focussing in both directions
- Coiled connection cable between handset and motor
- 2 different brackets (short and long)
- Shaft connector - to connector the motor output to the focuser's shaft
- Scresw and allen keys to fit
- Instruction sheet
FocusRF - Remote Control for Focus Motors
Extremely simple operation with 8 buttons arranged in 4 rows of 2. All the left buttons turn the focus one way and all the right buttons turn it the other way. The buttons at the top are slowest, down to the fastest ones at the bottom.
The FocusRF is microprocessor controlled and can be configured to use multiple remote units, and you can even adjust the minimum speed that it reaches (this will depend on your power supply or battery, as well as the actual motor you are using).
Power can be provided from a 9V PP3 battery (not included), or an external supply (not provided) which should be between 7V and 13V, 2.1mm tip DC Jack with centre positive.
Also consider using our Short Cable instead of the stock Skywatcher autofocus cable
See our blog for details of configuration etc.
Power by 9V PP3 battery (not included) or external PSU (not included)
- Outputs via RJ22 connector
- Reverse polarity protected
- Operating voltage range: 7V to 13V
- Current in standby: 28mA
- Maximum motor drive current: 1A
- Red indicator (slow flash) for power on
- Green indicator for RF activity
- Dimensions: 66 x 90 mm